How can I find about employment opportunities at the Wilmington Housing Authority?
- Our web site job listings
- Our job postings in the local and national newspapers
How do I apply for employment with WHA?
- By filling out an application at our Central Office located at 1524 South 16th Street, Wilmington, NC.
- By filling out an application online and mailing to: PO Box 899, Wilmington, NC 28402-0899.
- By mailing a cover letter and resume to the Housing Authority of the City of Wilmington, NC, P.O. Box 899, Wilmington, NC 28402-0899.
WHA accepts applications only for posted positions. Applications must be submitted before the closing date listed in the job posting.
What happens after I submit my application?
The application is forwarded to the Director of Human Resources (HR), who reviews all applications. Applications are then forwarded to the appropriate manager for further screening. After the manager identifies the applicants to be interviewed, the selected candidates are contacted to arrange interview appointments. Once a selection is made, all interviewed candidates are notified of the decision.
How can I find out about the status of my application?
Because of the large number of applications received, WHA does not notify an applicant as to the receipt of their application or if someone else was selected for the opening. Only interviewed candidates are notified of the decision.
How long will my application remain active?
Applications are kept on file for 6 months. During that period, you do not have to submit a new application to apply for any other job posting. Instead, express your interest in writing, to the Director of HR at the above address. Applicants are responsible for contacting the Director of HR if they wish to be considered for a specific opening.
WHA may contact qualified applicants to inquire if they have an interest in a particular job opening.